Date:      Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:26:11 +0400
From:      Igor Robul <igorr@speechpro.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.4: Is it generally unstable?

Matthias Buelow wrote:

>If that Trustix works for you now well, you'd be careless to migrate
>now. If it works, why change it?
>My experience with the 5.x tree so far is that it's ok for a SOHO or
>private environment but I wouldn't trust it if my money (or job)
>depended on it. Maybe in a year, or two but not now.

I use 5-STABLE as our Samba/Courier-IMAP/exim/bugzilla/CVS server in
production environment.
One of problems I have is LanSafe III software for Linux, which worked
fine on FreeBSD 4.X, but does not work as expected on FreeBSD 5.X. But
it also does not work on Mandrake 10.1.
Also we have FreeBSD 5-STABLE internal router, and FreeBSD 5-STABLE
gateway/IPSec + small hosting for some of our sites (in jail (8)).