Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 2015 13:21:56 +0200
From:      Ahmed Kamal <email.ahmedkamal@googlemail.com>
To:        Graham Allan <allan@physics.umn.edu>
Cc:        Ahmed Kamal via freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linux NFSv4 clients are getting (bad sequence-id error!)
References:  <684628776.2772174.1435793776748.JavaMail.zimbra@uoguelph.ca> <CANzjMX7xKBvnzJhQhB_ZrUnyE2m_FJXXy4fm_RFnuZfBDyDm2A@mail.gmail.com> <55947C6E.5060409@delphij.net> <1491630362.2785531.1435799383802.JavaMail.zimbra@uoguelph.ca> <5594B008.10202@freebsd.org> <1022558302.2863702.1435838360534.JavaMail.zimbra@uoguelph.ca> <CANzjMX5eN1FsnHMf6KGZe_b3vwxxF=dy3fJUHxeGO4BXuNzfPA@mail.gmail.com> <791936587.3443190.1435873993955.JavaMail.zimbra@uoguelph.ca> <CANzjMX427XNQJ1o6Wh2CVy1LF1ivspGcfNeRCmv%2BOyApK2UhJg@mail.gmail.com> <CANzjMX5xyUz6OkMKS4O-MrV2w58YT9ricOPLJWVtAR5Ci-LMew@mail.gmail.com> <20150716235022.GF32479@physics.umn.edu>

Hi Graham,

So my RHEL5 boxes certainly have trouble with nfs4 .. I'm running about 20
boxes and almost all of them develop a choking process every day or two.
I'm now in the process of upgrading our RHEL boxes to v6.x .. This is
motivated to migrate to NFS4.1, although now that you say NFS4 is more
tolerant on EL6, I might just remain on that. So far I did one week of
basic testing of a VM on el6 with nfs4.1 vs my FreeBSD 10.1, so far I
didn't hit problems (although the testing was light). Next week, I'll
probably upgrade one of our production machines to el6 and see how it fares.

PS: I had upgraded our el5 box with elrepo kernel (v3.2) .. which I thought
would be way much newer (even newer than el6) .. But I still had trouble
with it .. so I reverted to stock el5 kernel! Not sure if this means Linux
is not the only component at fault ?!