Date:      Mon, 7 Sep 1998 19:38:04 +0200
From:      Frank Dalchow <i00428@urmel.mfh-iserlohn.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mutt and color

On Sun, Sep 06, 1998 at 07:43:14AM -0700, Jeff Gray wrote:

> I have been trying to get mutt to work in color.  'mc' the
> midnight commander app works fine in color so I looked to the app.
>
> The archives suggest checking if mutt was compiled with color and
> setting the TERM variable.
>
> % mutt -v|grep COLOR
> +USE_POP  +HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_RX  +HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_PGP5  -BUFFY_SIZE
>
> % setenv TERM xterm-color
>
> Running 2.2.6
> There is no .muttrc file in my home directory.  I tried to
> use the sample one provided in the doc file but its use
> resulted in many error messages saying that the colors did  not
> exist.

Hallo Jeff,

yes, you need a .muttrc file. Are you sure, that all the colors
did not exist? Or exist only the 'default' color not.

You may change the 'default' to a real color like 'black'.

Comment all the other errors in your .muttrc and look in
the manual for the meaning.

Hope that works. And sorry for my English.

Frank