Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 2014 16:36:57 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>, Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>, FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gnomehier

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 03:28:37PM -0700, Warren Block wrote:

> itself is
> as its
> > >
> > > pkg delete -f gnomehier
> > >
> > > should do the trick.
> >
> > Well, yes, but won't that leave the package database with missing
> > dependencies on it?
> > 'pkg info -r gnomehier' will show the list of ports that require it.
> > Rebuild those ports and gnomehier can be deleted without problems.
> > (Untested):
> >    portmaster `pkg info -qr gnomehier`
> >    pkg delete gnomehier
>
> Normally all ports depending on gnomehier were bumped
>
> Best regards,
> Bapt

Doesn't seem so in this case:
# pkg check -d
Checking all packages:  21%audio/gnome-media has a missing dependency:
misc/gnomehier
sysutils/gnome-mount has a missing dependency: misc/gnomehier
Checking all packages:  22%devel/gnome-vfs has a missing dependency:
misc/gnomehier
Checking all packages:  23%devel/goffice010 has a missing dependency:
misc/gnomehier
Checking all packages:  24%devel/gstreamer-plugins-gconf has a missing
dependency: misc/gnomehier
Checking all packages:  28%x11-toolkits/gtksourceview has a missing
dependency: misc/gnomehier
x11-toolkits/gtksourceview2 has a missing dependency: misc/gnomehier
Checking all packages:  41%x11/libgnome has a missing dependency:
misc/gnomehier
print/libgnomeprint has a missing dependency: misc/gnomehier
x11-toolkits/libgnomeprintui has a missing dependency: misc/gnomehier
devel/libgsf has a missing dependency: misc/gnomehier
Checking all packages:  55%audio/mate-media has a missing dependency:
misc/gnomehierChecking all packages:  74%x11-toolkits/py-gnome2 has a
missing dependency: misc/gnomehier
Checking all packages:  75%x11-toolkits/py-gtksourceview has a missing
dependency: misc/gnomehier
Checking all packages:  90%x11-toolkits/unique has a missing dependency:
misc/gnomehier
Checking all packages: 100%

>>> Missing package dependencies were detected.
>>> Found 2 issue(s) in the package database.

pkg: Repository FreeBSD has a wrong packagesite, need to re-create database
pkg: Repository FreeBSD cannot be opened. 'pkg update' required
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'misc/gnomehier' have been
found in the repositories
>>> Summary of actions performed:

misc/gnomehier dependency failed to be fixed

>>> There are still missing dependencies.
>>> You are advised to try fixing them manually.

That said, no port actually needs gnomehier. Nothing will fail to run as no
shareable libs are involved.

I suspect a bit of DB hacking could fix hte issue without actually
re-installing anything.
--
Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired