Date:              Fri, 10 Mar 95 12:10:45 EWT
From:      "Pedro Cobas, CRI" <PCOBAS%ESOC.BITNET@vm.gmd.de>
To:        "oi-users group" <oi-users@FREEFALL.CDROM.COM>
Subject:        Rules to speed up the creation of OI objects

Hi!

We are having time problems when we try either to load a
big configuration file or creating dinamically OI objects. It
takes a long time to create the objects.

For instance we have to create an OI_app_window with around
64 OI_boxes, 240 OI_entry_fiels and 64 OI_buttons, and it
takes around 30 seconds.

We use some rules to speed up the creation of those objects (like
to associate to the parent as last action, etc.). But
I believe we are missing some others. I suposse it should exist a way
to set the X-resources faster.

Based on your expericence which would be the rules to speed up the
creation of OI objects ?.

Thanks in advance.

Pedro

Pedro Cobas, CRI                        |  Tf   49 (0) 6151 90 2046
European Space Operations Centre        |  Fax  49 (0) 6151 90 3414
Robert-Bosch Str.5 Darmstadt (GERMANY)  |  E-mail: pcobas@esoc.bitnet