Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 2004 20:39:40 -0500
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: switching to an internal DSL modem -- natd, ipfw

		[Now CC-ing Chuck Cranor -- the en's author]

=> => 	http://store.yahoo.com/softbuyweb/inpcidslmod3.html

=> =What makes you think we have a driver for this?

=> The en(4) manual page and the description of this product (on the
=> page above) as one based on Efficient Network's chip. Can there be
=> anything else?

=I'd be dubious.. the en driver was for an old expensive ATM card from
='95 or so.. even though the ad says it supports PPPoE among other
=things, I'd be pretty surprised if we could talk to it..

=(surprises do happen though)

So, back to the original question -- am I likely to have to any problems
with natd and ipfw dealing with this non-Ethernet interface -- assuming
en-driver attaches to this card at all?

Any other ATM card I should consider as an internal DSL modem? Thanks!

	-mi