Date:      Tue, 08 May 2001 11:02:55 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        juha@saarinen.org
Subject:   RE: CFLAGS Optimization

> Well, the perspective, if there is any apart from general curiosity, is
> obscured by the lack of documentation.

It is documented in /etc/make.conf - the user is instructed to avoid
the higher optimization flags.  It is impossible to document just what
sorts of code might be affected since if we knew gcc's optimizer bugs
to that level of detail, we could also FIX the buggers.

> It wouldn't hurt, I don't think, to have an alternative to GCC.

I'm glad you feel that way.  When do you think you'll have the first
BETA version of juhacc ready to test? :)

- Jordan