Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:58:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Marc Giannoni <marc@versa.eng.comsat.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMC Elite 16C Ultra interface connector selection

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Marc Giannoni wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I'm having troble with a SMC Elite 16C Ultra.
>
> I can't seem to get the thing to know what connector I want to use

  Plug it it, and use it.  The hardware should auto-detect the media.  My
SMC Elite 16C changes media quite nicely.  I don't FreeBSD has any way of
even knowing what media the card happens to be using.

  Perhaps you have a older rev, that requires media changes via the SMC
setup util?  Though I'm pretty sure all the SMC Elites 16C Ultras are
auto...

Tom