Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:08:48 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   WPA-EAP problems

--nextPart1339046.n1MFc1YG3j

Hi,
I have a WPA-EAP network setup (to a WRT54G with OpenRadius which=20
authenticates against an OpenLDAP server on my FreeBSD server), however qui=
te=20
often dhclient fails to get a lease at first go.

My wpa_supplicant file looks like..
network=3D{
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ssid=3D"dons"
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 scan_ssid=3D1
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 key_mgmt=3DWPA-EAP
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 identity=3D"username"
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 password=3D"password"
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 phase2=3D"auth=3DPAP"
}

I have the following in rc.conf..
ifconfig_ath0=3D"WPA DHCP"
background_dhclient=3D"YES"

If I kill dhclient and restart it I can get a lease just fine. I don't see =
the=20
problem on a WPA-TKIP network.

I think the problem is that the ath interface comes up but no packets can b=
e=20
transferred because WPA stuff is still happening the initial requests get=20
lost.

I note that it takes Windows a long time to get a lease - it spends a while=
=20
saying "waiting for network to become ready".

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum