Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 2009 19:35:03 -0400
From:      Olivier Gautherot <olivier@gautherot.net>
To:        Maho NAKATA <chat95@mac.com>
Cc:        sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu, miwi@freebsd.org, avg@icyb.net.ua, mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org, freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org, vinnix.bsd@gmail.com, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, sfourman@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: Problem building Openoffice 3.1.1 at -current

Hi Maho Nakata,

First of all, thanks for all your good work - I've been your faithful
"customer" for several years already and really appreciate your dedication.

 > It sounds like OOO is designed to be compiled on a fresh system: I
> > reformated a disk yesterday and the compilation of OOO just finished
> > successfully. I loaded 8.0-RC1.
> >
> > As a matter of fact, I used the bundled modules - it takes longer but
> seems
> > to be a bit more stable.
>
> Hi, Olivier Gautherot
>
> thanks for your e-mail. this is just a maintaing issue.
> if you provide some human resources I'm very happy to use
> python from ports tree instead.

I'll have to reissue the compilation in the data partition since I already
started using the necessary space. I'll let you know.

Serious problem may be that when some cws (child work space, smallest
> unit of development) wrt python is introduced, or when ports
> python is updated. Then there may be a conflict, and I'd like
> to ask you to fix it. Usually very easy, but sometimes very hard.
>

>From my past experience, I tend to use the ports as released and do not
update the ports tree. The few times I did were tough experiences, usually
ending with a complete reinstall... :-S  So I'm an easy customer on the
ports. System upgrades usually end up in a backup and start from scratch
(which was a real exercise on a VIA motherboard). So I may be somewhat
atypical...

I'll let you know the results.

Cheers
--