Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:51:17 +0100
From:      Ruben de Groot <fbsd-q@bzerk.org>
To:        Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PR 37395 - even with NO_SENDMAIL=true, /usr/sbin/sendmail overwritten

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 07:28:24AM -0800, Michael Sierchio typed:

> What's the deal with this?  This puppy broke a couple of my
> machines by overwriting /var/qmail/bin/sendmail via the
> symlink in /usr/sbin.  Ack. Pppt.

/usr/sbin/sendmail should be a symlink to /usr/sbin/mailwrapper.
You can use mailer.conf(5) to point to your MTA.
Example /etc/mail/mailer.conf:

sendmail        /var/qmail/bin/sendmail
send-mail       /var/qmail/bin/sendmail
mailq           /var/qmail/bin/sendmail