Date:      05 Mar 1998 11:30:29 +0900
From:      HAMADA Naoki <hamada@astec.co.jp>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Developer asks for list of desired supported cards

> > > If you had to choose a cheap/fast PCMCIA ethernet card that is supported
> > > or you would like to make sure is supported in FreeBSD, what would that
> > > be?  The 3COM is out of the question, since it's will continue to be
> > > supporte as long as it's sold. :)
> >
> > The new 3com 100Mbps card.  There's a 16-bit version as well as the
> > CardBus card, and this would be our first 100Mbps pccard.
>
> There's a 16-bit version?  Cool!

Yes, the 3C574 "RoadRunner", there seems no technically detailed
documentation which is avairable to the public.  The PCMCIA package
for linux now has a 3C674 driver, which is developed upon 3COM's
internal information. Though it is not so difficult to incorporate
necessary changes according to this driver to the current ep driver,
it will cause lots of headachs :-<

- nao