Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 23:21:57 -0800
From:      Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
To:        The Babbler <bts@babbleon.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vm

o from vmware's web page, it appears that one may be able to use the
  original windoze install partition if one buys the workstation version

o i kinda understand virtual machines in general, as they have not changed
  much since i started using them in the late '60s when ibm invented them
  </sarcasm> (the manchester atlas machines actually predated ibm's
  braggadocio by a number of years, but i did not use them).

  but i have a suspicious nature, and we're talkin' windoze here.  so excuse
  me if i am not confident that winfax pro is gonna get to a laptop winmodem
  through vmware under freebsd.  if i does, i will be impressed as well as
  thankful.

o i would REALLY like to
  - start with a brand new windoze laptop
  - squeeze or move the windoze partition, without damaging it (i have pqm)
  - install freebsd -stable
  - install vmware
  - run windoze as the secondary os under vmware

o the list name  seems to be freebsd-emulation, not freebsd-emulators.  but
  thanks for the pointer.

randy