Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 23:07:53 -0700
From:      mike allison <mallison@konnections.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        jack <jack@diamond.xtalwind.net>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Price of FreeBSD (was On Holy Wars...)

I don't think NT's interface for the admin tools is all that bad.  It's
a bit confusing and redundant at times, but when you do something I
think it's clear what you're doing.  It's very hard to `stumble' into an
admin tool accidently (unfortunately you have to stumble into them on
purpose).

I think GUI - wise NT does a good job.  It's just that it's ALL gui....

Not everyone needs that, nor wants it, BUT I wouldn't take it away from
anyone.

I thought FVWM-95 was a dumb idea, but I see why others like it.  It
might not be a bad evangelical tool to get people away from 95 and into
Unix.

Personally, as a user program, I like what NT gives me.  As an
administrator, it's just too much, or maybe I'm just not sure what's
going on.  I got used to it quickly, but there's times, like on the Mac,
when I didn't know how to do what I wanted to do through the GUI....

-Mike