Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:34:17 +1000
From:      Rob Secombe <robseco@teksupport.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can anyone explain this?

Hi All,

Thanks to all that replied. In the end I decided to take the path of least
resistance and build a new firewall on 4.3. It appears that thanks to Brian
Somers this is now fixed by default in the latest and greatest userland ppp.

         [tcp]mssfixup
             Default: Enabled.  This option tells ppp to adjust outgoing TCP
             SYN packets so that the maximum receive segment size is not
             greater than the amount allowed by the interface MTU.

Cheers

Rob