Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 1995 22:01:14 -0500
From:      Pafwl@aol.com
To:        bsdmail@nemesis.lonestar.org, questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        rakitt@abest.com
Subject:   Panasonic CDROM Drive

I recently purchased the FREE BSD CDROM (2.0.5) and am trying to install it.
 I thought I had a CDROM running through my sound blaster pro board( Port
240, IRQ 5), but found out I actually had a Panasonic CM-206 or 226 running
on its own card (Port 300, IRQ 10).  I can run the Install.bat from the CD
drive but when I select media type CDROM it says it can't find any CDROM.

As the FREEBSD is booting I notice it doesn't find mcd0 (300,10) and says
timeout on mcd1(340,11).  I kind of thought it might find matcdo (panasonic
CD-ROM) because it says in the Hardware notes that this is dynamic.

Can I get my cdrom to work through the sound blaster :-) or am I screwed :-(
?  I know I can load from floppies but would like to load from CD.  Any help
you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

PS - respond to pafwl@aol.com