Date:      Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:55:22 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My wish list for 6.1

Scott Long wrote:

> Guys,
>
> With code freeze for 6.1 about 6 weeks away, I'd like to put out my
> 'wish list' for it:
>
> 1.  working kbdmux.  We need this for the growing number of systems that
> assume that USB is the primary keyboard.  Current status appears to be
> that the kbdmux driver breaks very easily.  We need this working well
> enough where it can be enabled by default, and all attached keyboards
> Just Work.

FWIW, I've been using this for months, on a box that I've rolled from 5,
to 6 (when I started using it), and now 7 (although outdated now).  It's
been running perfectly, and until now I forgot I was using it.  I'm
using it so my machine has a ps/2 keyboard on boot for BIOS and loader
screens, but then has my usb keyboard normally.  I just leave the ps/2
kb on top of the system, since it doesn't reboot much.

Maksim, thanks for the hard work on it so far!

Eric