Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:22:32 -0500
From:      "Gordon Zeigler" <gzeigler@texasonline.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Samba shares not showing in NT or Win95 network neighborhood

Using numerous config combinations, I have yet to see the Samba workgroup,=
 or its shares, in network neighborhood from NT and Win95/98 machines.

Anyone have experience with this?

Also, I've listed all the NT and Win95 machines on my lan in /etc/hosts.=
 Though I cannot "see" the shares in Network Neighborhood, I've tried to=
 mount the share by IP address and share name, and have gotten a prompt.=
 After typing the password, I get an error "login not allowed from this=
 machine."

Thanks in advancwe
Gordon Zeigler