Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 1997 07:41:31 -0700 (MST)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Sometimes the historical anachronisms come in handy, such as
> > rot13 (which seems to have vanished already).
>
> And which doesn't need to be in games in the first place - it was
> misfiled.  Again, if people were thinking with their brains rather
> than their glads, this would become swiftly apparent to even the
> dullest child among us.

So, to seperate out the issues here, first form a list of everything that
should be around but not in /usr/games because it isn't.  Then propose
moving those to usr.bin or wherever is appropriate for the particular
program.

After that, propose nuking what is left of /usr/games in favor of a port
or whatever.

I use some of the non-games in /usr/games for reasonably portable (on
FreeBSD; ie. don't have to install this port or that port) shell scripts.
They can be quite handy.

I don't use any of the games in /usr/games for shell scripts.  If I want
them, I can install a port.

That is my only objection to nuking /usr/games completely.