Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:36:25 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        M + P International <sales@m-p.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCO ibcs2 coff support

In the last episode (Mar 19), M + P International said:
> I have enabled ibcs2 support and kldload'ed ibcs2_coff.ko. BSD 4.2 My
> application written for SCO in 1990 works fine, up to a point. One or two
> parts of the application come up with errors that identical situations on
> genuine SCO Open server 3 do not.
> The errors are from the application itself, not the o/s. Is there something
> else I must set, or include?

What kind of errors are they?  Do they point to any particular
subsystem (tcp/ip, or file locking, for example)

ibcs2 support should be pretty complete.  Most of the time, if an app
fails, it's because it can't find an SCO support file.  Try copying
/usr/lib/lang and /usr/lib/terminfo from an SCO box into
/compat/ibcs2/usr/lib and see if that helps.  If not, try truss or
ktrace'ing the executable while it runs and see what files it's looking
for or what syscalls are failing.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com