Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:22:37 -0500
From:      Daniel Harris <dannyboy@subdimension.com>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with ppp in 3.4-RELEASE

--------------1BD6053F359A6CE58DA702B1

Kent Stewart wrote:

> > Both problems seem to be caused by bad communication from the modem to
> > the software.  Any ideas as to what could be causing this?
>
> Well, for starters, you have to tell /etc/ppp/ppp.conf which com port
> your modem is on. You didn't say if it was an external. Mine is on
> com2, which is /dev/cuaa1. If your ISP uses a simple setup, you add
> your user name and password on the line you add for set login. I use
> pmdemand setup.

It's internal and on com4, cuaa3.  Already told it that, read the primer.  My
ISP uses PAP and dynamic IPs-- I've set it up in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf.  To
clarify -- the modem is dialing and connects.  Expect just doesn't seem to be
getting the CONNECT from the modem.

--------------1BD6053F359A6CE58DA702B1

begin:vcard
n:Harris;Daniel
tel;fax:+1 (530) 509-6355
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://dmoz.org/profiles/dannyboy.html
org:dmoz.org volunteer editor;Personnel?
adr:;;;Charleston;WV;;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:dannyboy@subdimension.com
title:editall/catmv/meta