Date:      Mon, 3 May 2010 16:13:44 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        Martin Wilke <miwi@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP] Xorg 7.5 merge comming tomorrow.

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

[Cc list reduced to x11- only]

On 2010-Apr-30 20:35:23 +0200, Martin Wilke <miwi@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>Now the facts. Xorg 7.5 is completely finished last issues
>were fixed by fluffy@, and the exp-run was also fine, I expect
>the merge of xorg 7.5 tomorrow evening UTC. I think the KDE

I have upgraded my dual-screen testbox with a up-to-date 8-stable and
ports tree and built xorg from scratch and (as I feared), it's still
broken: There is no change from the problems I reported regarding the
test release in mid-March.

To re-iterate, on a RV380 with dual screens laid out side-by-side,
moving a window into the RH screen causes corruption of both screens.
The RH screen updating is also far slower then the LH screen (which
seems fairly normal).

I've done some more experimenting with "interesting" results:

With the screens vertically stacked, the top ~1/4 of the bottom screen
behaves normally, but anything below that is corrupted (looks like
noise).  When I turn off RenderAccel, the corruption turns into
alternating black and white horizontal bands about 5px high.  In either
case, the update rate appears normal.

If I set NoAccel, I get
(EE) RADEON(0): Acceleration required for rotation
(which is surprising since I haven't specified acceleration anywhere).

I had a quick look into the memory allocation since the reported
mappings and sizes overlapped - but it turns out this is just bugs
in the printf()'s code.

At this stage, I am stymied.  I'm not even sure where to start
looking at the code.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE