Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 13:10:40 -0700
From:      Michael Oski <onemo@jps.net>
To:        Greg W <redhat_list@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [MY] Broken X and window managers

Greg W wrote:

> I suspect much more sinister error here, like a corrupted binary or
> something, I had localhost, but did not have in profile etc
>
> I really thank you guys for tying to help, but its got the better of me, yep
> I have started a fresh install, I choose kernel + X + all x libs/bin
>
> Will see what happens, some may say I dont have the patience to become an
> Xpert, but this was going beyond the joke for me
>
> Will report my findings  :-)  who knows, I may be asking for a new CD  !
>
> I dont know how many RH users are reading this, but with 3.3 is X usually as
> staright forward as RH (its knocked as being difficult to set x up on by
> some, however its always been relatively painless irrespective of wm or
> desktop)
>
> C ya !

Hehe, actually, you ARE on the road to becoming an expert. Remember, we humans
learn best through failure!

As for RH and the ease of installation, I've used FreeBSD and various Linux
distributions and they're all pretty much the same. I've actually had more
difficulty with the Linux stuff than the BSD personally, but then again I got
used to BSD first.

Hang in there.... You'll get it right, then you can help out the next person
with troubles!

Have fun!?!