Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2005 04:44:49 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Port removal procedures?

Greetings,

a while ago I marked the mail/bogofilter-tdb port as DEPRECATED and
going away effective end of November 2005.

However, the current bogofilter release branch 0.96 removes TDB support,
and is expected to be blessed as "stable" later this month, so the
bogofilter-tdb port is going to break as soon as the master port is
updated.

As far as I know, bogofilter-tdb wasn't very popular. A recent poll on
the bogofilter lists came up with zero TDB users, everyone used Berkeley
DB, sqlite or QDBM.

I'd like to get rid of the bogofilter-tdb port when I update the
bogofilter master port in a couple of days, is such OK or do we have to
carry the port forward (perhaps with older bogofilter code) until the
expiry date?

TIA,

--
Matthias Andree