Date:      Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:07:43 -0300
From:      Rafael Cepeda <rafael.cepeda@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation problems

Hi,

I have a HD of 40 GB with the following structure:
1=B0 partition (20 GB) Windows 2000 (NTFS filesystem)
2=B0 partition (20 GB) Empty (FAT32 filesystem)

I want to install freebsd 5.4 on the second partition. But the problem
is that when I enter on fdisk part of freebsd installation, it shows
me just one crazy partition of 8 GB (type unknow) and the rest of
space unused. Have Freebsd some kind of problem with NTFS filesystem ?
If it haven't, how can deal with this ?

OBS: I've a pentium II 233 MHZ with a 98 bios that doesn't recognize
my Maxtor 40GB HD. To solve this problem I had to install a Maxtor
utility that makes an overlay on bios. I used to have a linux
installed on that partition and it recognized the full HD space.
--=20
Rafael Cep=EAda
(Federal University of Rio de Janeiro)