Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:31:37 EST
From:      "Jon ." <los_alamos@hotmail.com>
To:        spmncmb@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP!

>Hi there,
>
>I am trying to install a script onto my homepage and I do not understand
>some of the instructions so I have enclosed them as a file for your perusal
>and hopefully you might be able to help me.
>
>My questions are in red.
>
>Thanks,
>SPM

Hi,

ok, let's see...you will need a shell account on the server you are placing
the scripts in so that you can chmod them.  an FTP account will work as
well, if you can access /cgi-bin/ from your ftp account.
chmod is a program that changes the mode of the file so that it can be
executed, read, etc. 755 is just the argument to the chmod command, so you
would type chmod 755 yourscript.  the next part you were having probs with,
the mail program...you'll need to contact your sysadmin and find out what
mail program you are using, it's probably sendmail
give /usr/sbin/sendmail a try. the last part with #!/usr/bin/perl is the
path of the perl executable, which interprets CGI scripts.  correct me if
i'm wrong on any of this, anyone.

jon