Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 1996 04:01:39 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@tetard.hsc.fr>
To:        current@freebsd.org (current)
Subject:   Re: laptop installations

Jordan K. Hubbard écrit / writes:
> > Laptops appear to be a significant installation nightmare .. unless you have
> > a CDROM or a full set of floppies you end up using the serial port (and
> > many, many hours).
>
> Or a parallel cable and not so many hours (and at 115.5Kb, it's not
> THAT many hours for serial).

	Duh,  I may be  late  on this (I just   caught up 1200+ messages in
	-commit/-current/-hackers),   but last time   I  tried parallel  IP
	(PLIP) between  a  -current (early june) and   a 2.1, the  -current
	systematically paniced   (when  initiating any   serious  transfer,
	i.e. ftp).

	I sent in a PR and posted kernel  traces in -current, and I haven't
	gotten any feedback  since -- sorry  if I missed some sublte commit
	that might have fixed the problem.

								-- Phil

--
| Philippe Regnauld |_______Herve Schauer Consultants_______| regnauld@hsc.fr |