Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:03:17 -0400
From:      Paul Murphy <pnmurphy@home.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Corey G." <cgaff@flashcom.net>, Graham Wheeler <gram@cequrux.com>, Randy Primeaux <randy@Cloudfactory.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ps2 mouse errors (solution)

"Corey G." wrote:

> I installed three new installations of FreeBSD 4.1.1 in the last 8 days.
> All three systems entirely different.  One system with a Logitech 3
> button mouse, one with a Microsoft 2 button and another off brand 2
> button mouse.  All three machines have seen the psmintr: out of sync
> error.  Each machine needed to be rebooted to alleviate the problem.
                                    ^^^^^^^^
 One recommedation for a bandaid solution it to switch to another
virtual terminal (Alt-Shft-Fx) and then switch back. [this works for
me].

 Another fix that I have read [that doesn't seem to work for me] is
press a mouse button without moving the mouse.

 [mouse=Logitech Trackball with Wheel]
--
P. Murphy
Home: Lat 43.5584 Long -79.6502