Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:13:15 -0300
From:      Antonio Torres <antonio.torres@newspace.net.br>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: Re: MySQL / apache tuning

The Apache childs....
Is possible to try Apache2 ?????

Apache 2 is less "memory hungry" than Apache 1.3.... even using PHP....

You can limit the number of connections "per IP" (using ipfw) to the web
server.... (in theory, can be done on httpd.conf, but ipfw is more....
imperative. :)

Also You can try "PHP accelerators" (like ZEND)... even the freeware
version can improve Your PHP performance in, about, 25%...

[]s
Antonio Torres
antonio.torres@newspace.net.br