Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 1995 08:21:07 -0700
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        andreas@knobel.gun.de
Cc:        jehamby@lightside.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freebsd.org, jdc@crab.xinside.com, velte@cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Interested in CDE, anyone?

    Andreas> My experience is, that my machine is a bit slow now under
    Andreas> CDE.  The mouse cursor doesn't respond as quickly as I
    Andreas> was used to under Solaris 2.4 without CDE.

Hmmm ... kinda like when Openwindows first came out.  In my old
Sun-based stomping grounds, the majority of us run vanilla X11 since
Sun's NeWS-capable X server was slower than a jar of molasses in
January.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

He was a cowboy, mister, and he loved the land. He loved it so much he
made a woman out of dirt and married her. But when he kissed her, she
disintegrated.  Later, at the funeral, when the preacher said, "Dust
to dust," some people laughed, and the cowboy shot them. At his
hanging, he told the others, "I'll be waiting for you in heaven - with
a gun."  -- Jack Handey