Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 2015 16:04:23 +0800
From:      "Euan Thoms" <euan@potensol.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   =?utf-8?q?Re:_New_port_with_USES=3Dgmake_will_not_stage?=

On Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:33 SGT, "Euan Thoms" <euan@potensol.com> =
wrote:

> I'm making a port for OpenSIPS. It builds successfully, but the even =
with just "make" it installs files to the system instead of to stage (i=
.e. to /usr/local/... instead of /usr/ports/net/opensips/work/stage/usr=
/local/...).

> I am using gmake and gcc since that's what's required for OpenSIPS.
>
> I've done a similar port before and the FreeBSD ports macros do the s=
taging for me. However, even when I tell gmake the DESTDIR=3D${STAGEDIR=
} in do-build and do-install, a "make" just installs the files to /usr/=
local/... .

> I can't find any documentation on how to ensure building uses staging=
. OpenSIPS doesn't have a configure script AFAIK. It has it's own menuc=
onfig which normally generates a Makefile.conf. The only thing useful i=
n there is PREFIX=3D , but that is to specify the final destination pat=
hs (also used in linking I guess). My port passes the compile flags in =
MAKE=5FARGS instead of using a Makefile.conf file.

I think I've cracked it! The OpenSIPS Makefile does not use DESTDIR as =
per GNU Coding Standards. Instead it uses BASEDIR. So it looks like I c=
an just replace DESTDIR=3D with BASEDIR=3D in my do-build and/or do-ins=
tall and jobs-a-good-un.

--
Regards, Euan Thoms