Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 04:10:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: `make release' fails

Ah!  I'm so glad that I'm not the only idiot in the
universe...  :-)

niels@bakker.net wrote in list.freebsd-stable:
 > Hi there,
 >
 > I've been trying to do a `make release' (to burn a CD for my own use),
 > but it keeps dying in perl:
 >
 > /usr/src/release # make BUILDNAME=3.1-19990327-SNAP CHROOTDIR=/R/rel \
 > 		   RELEASETAG=RELENG_3 NODOC=yes NOPORTS=yes release
 > [...]
 > Can't open perl script "-e": Device not configured
 > *** Error code 6
 > [...]
 > It must be something simple.  What am I doing wrong?

Be sure NOT to mount your release partition with -o nodev.

Regards
   Oliver

PS:  Two people ran into this problem...  Does that
qualify for a FAQ entry?  :-)

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)