Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2000 02:21:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        wkb@freebie.demon.nl (Wilko Bulte)
Cc:        jhb@freebsd.org, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/alpha/conf GENERIC

> Better, no panic anymore. But no traffic yet. Have not looked in the source
> where these errors originate. But here is the transcript:

[chop]

I would have prefered it if you had put the cable in the tx0 interface
and *then* ifconfig'ed it. Because you didn't do it this way, the
results are a little ambiguous. I would also have prefered it if you
had run tcpdump or checked netstat -in to see if you were receiving
any packets even though you may not have been sending any.

Unfortunately, this puts me back in a position where I can't do anything
without a sample card. (And no Mike, I can't find one in the office and
I'm not ripping one out of a running system.)

-Bill

P.S.: I noticed that you have your dc0 interface hardcoded to 100baseTX.
Did you set this manually or is this just the result of the NVRAM setting
on your particular alpha? Also, what alpha is it, and what happens if
you do ifconfig dc0 media autoselect?