Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:41:33 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        FreeBSD Stable ML <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Swap Usage

I have several FreeBSD 9.3 systems that are using swap and I can=E2=80=99t=
 figure out what is doing it.  The key system has 6GB swap and currently =
it has over 2GB in use.  ps shows only a kernel module [intr] with a W =
status.  Obviously that isn=E2=80=99t using the space.  No other process =
shows a W in its status.  I suspect this is somewhat related to the use =
of mmap in one application.  However, all of the mmaps in that =
application are file backed and thus shouldn=E2=80=99t use swap.  How do =
I figure out what that swap space is being used for?