Date:      Sat, 9 Oct 2004 19:15:03 -0400
From:      Bob Perry <rperry4@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   LoadPlugin Issue with JDK1.3.1 and Mozilla 1.7.2

I don't develop Java apps for FreeBSD but use the JDK ports
because I thought it necessary in order to view java apps
in the browsers (?).  I currently run FreeBSD 4.9 and experiment
with Mozilla 1.7.2, Firefox 0.9.3, and Galeon 1.3.17.

All three browsers have been crashing consistently and I suspect
that part of the problem may lie with the error message I receive
stating:

LoadPlugin: Failed to initialize shared library /usr/local/
jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so [/usr/local/
jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so: Undefined
symbol "_vt$16nsQueryInterface"]

I had a chance to review the archives and it appears as though
I should use the Java Development Kit 1.4.1.  Is this correct?
If so, are there any hints or secrets you might want to pass along
before I port the linux version in?

Since I'm not a member of the list, could you cc me?

Thanks much.
Bob Perry

--
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly
distributed.

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0