Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:50:32 +0200 (CEST)
From:      <robertj@wirehub.nl>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 2.2.7 available this weekend

Hi,

> I suppose there's still a demand for it (older machines, maybe?).

Yes, my old 386 for example.

It wil only run 2.2, not 3 or 4 (did not try 5).

He hangs himself just after mounting the first disk or during his
attempts to do this.

It does not really matter how I installed it or at what
machine I install or do make buildworld (I cannot wait for a old 386
to finisch it...:) It's a strange story I try to solve for many weeks.

Do you happen to know some hardware-support is dropped as of 3.2-R and
later ?

Kind Regards / Groeten / 73 DE Robert

"... wait a sec, why not re-route your HDLC-compliant encapsulated IP
virtual LAN traffic via bundled framerelay into your permanent
virtual circuit via, non-real-time variable bit rate class, ATM ? "