Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 2003 08:34:24 -0400
From:      Jeff Walters <jeff@walters.name>
To:        John Reynolds <johnjen@reynoldsnet.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is there a "knob" for devfs rules?

Check out the header comments in the recently created
/etc/defaults/devfs.rules and the new rc.conf variable
devfs_system_ruleset.  In your case below, you'd probably need an
/etc/devfs.rules like:

# Create local ruleset
[local_ruleset=10]

add path 'ugen*' mode 664

And then you'd add the following line to /etc/rc.conf:

devfs_system_ruleset="local_ruleset"