Date:      Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:15:06 -0800
From:      Charlie Schluting <charlie@schluting.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Grub

Joe Lewis wrote:
> Try :
>
>     root (hd0,3)
>     chainloader +1
>
> This causes the grub program to load the first sector of the BSD
> partition, which is a subMBR and handles loading the OS.
>
> Joe

I'm posting this to the list, because I couldn't find it documented
anywhere. I was looking around about how to install the fbsd boot
manager to the boot sector of this partition, but it seems it is done by
default.

Removing 'kernel /boot/loader' and adding 'chainloader +1' (instead of
keeping both, like some docs suggest) worked perfectly.

Thanks Joe!