Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:56:52 -0600
From:      "Dean Weimer" <dweimer@orscheln.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Iomega REV Drive

I have recently found a used Iomega REV drive for a cheap price, and =
thought it might work as a good low cost backup solution on my home =
FreeBSD server.  However, I haven't been able to figure out how to make =
it work with FreeBSD.  FreeBSD finds it as a CDROM drive, has anyone =
managed to make one of these drives work on FreeBSD?  This is the 36G =
IDE version of the drive, I picked the drive up cheap, along with one =
used disk, if it doesn't work it's no big loss.  I have tried searching =
the lists, and have found people asking questions in the past, but never =
found an answer to them.

The dmesg output for the drive shows it as:
acd0: CDROM <Iomega RRD/23.B> at ata0-slave UDMA66

Thanks,
=A0=A0=A0=A0 Dean Weimer
=A0=A0=A0=A0 Network Administrator