Date:      Mon, 19 May 2003 10:23:45 -0700
From:      walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: miibus_if.h missing?

Shawn Debnath wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build the latest 5-current release, and i need to use the mii bus
> for my fxp network card. On compile time, I get:
>

> /usr/src/sys/dev/fxp/if_fxp.c:85:23: miibus_if.h: No such file or directory

That is a file which should be created automatically in the directory
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/YOUR_KERNELNAME/

/*
  * This file is produced automatically.
  * Do not modify anything in here by hand.
  *
  * Created from source file
  *   /usr/src/sys/dev/mii/miibus_if.m
  * with
  *   makeobjops.awk

If you don't have such a file you probably skipped over an important
step in configuring or making your custom kernel.

What steps did you do in trying to make your new kernel?