Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 18:24:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intelligent Debugging Tools...

On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> Many people don't trim it down enough and end up with strange problems,
> looks as if you did a good trim job though I really doubt your need
> for *_MAX=128 and SHMMAXPGS=512.

	The *_MAX are for my INND/Web servers...and the SHMMAXPGS is
so that I can put in shared memory support in INND (one of these
days *sigh*)

> I also thought you had an NCR scsi controller, which means you don't
> need BOUNCE_BUFFERS.

	I had this in because of using an AHA controller in that machine,
which I've put in intermediantly, but will take it out...

> > options		"COMPAT_43"
> > options		SYSVSHM
> > options		"SHMMAXPGS=512"   # 2048Kb (?) of sharable memory
>
> The default is 1024, you trimming this on purpose?

	Oh...that I *didn't* know :(  Will remove this one too...

> > options		QUOTA			#enable disk quotas
>
> Unless you are really using QUOTA's remove it.

	Am using it.

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org