Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:02:01 +0400
From:      Vadim Kolontsov <vadim@tversu.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   package for client/server app

Hi,

  imagine that I've ported some application which consists of two parts:
client & server. You run server on 1 machine and client on others (unless ssh,
for example, where every unix box can act as client/server).
  What is The Right Way to create port/package for such application? Add
a shell script (my current solution) which will be started after compiling
and will ask user if he wants only client part (or a both server/client) to be
installed... But how can I create package for this?
  Or may be I should create two different ports (for client and for server)?

  Sorry, if it's well-known issue, I was unable to found an answer in
available information sources.

Regards,
V.
--