Date:      Sun, 24 Dec 2017 22:45:38 +0100
From:      Sid <sid@bsdmail.com>
To:        gurenchan@gmail.com, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Canberra

> blubee blubeeme; Sun Dec 24 06:31:00 UTC 2017

> If you wrote that makefile that removes all the gtk stuff, you can either
> try to get it to Marcus and see if he's
> willing to use that.

> If you'd like me to work on the OSS audio portion, drop me that Makefile
> and I'll look at it in a bit.

This one just uses libcaberra/Makefile, and removes the inclusion of libcanberra-gtk3/Makefile, which requires gtk3. It takes the options for gstreamer1 and pulseaudio and includes them from this file. gtk2 and gtk3 references were removed.

Now more ports that ask for libcanberra-gtk3 require it. I haven't tested removing references to pkg and sourcecode of libcanberra-gtk from those ports' source code. It would be better to have a drop in replacement.

It depends on what the Makefile is instructed to build to get basic libcanberra.so. Optionally, gstreamer1 and pulseaudio can be split into its own port as libcanberra-plugins.

Here's my Makefile -->

# Created by: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
# $FreeBSD: head/audio/libcanberra/Makefile 428129 2016-12-08 15:38:24Z tijl $
#   $MCom: ports/trunk/audio/libcanberra/Makefile 20031 2014-11-02 21:47:55Z kwm $

PORTNAME=	libcanberra
PKGNAMESUFFIX=	-lite
PORTVERSION=	0.30
PORTREVISION=	4
CATEGORIES=	audio devel
MASTER_SITES=	http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/libcanberra/ \
		http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/repo/pkgs/libcanberra/libcanberra-0.30.tar.xz/34cb7e4430afaf6f447c4ebdb9b42072/

MAINTAINER=	gnome@FreeBSD.org
COMMENT=	Implementation of the Freedesktop sound theme spec

CONFLICTS=	libcanberra

LICENSE=	LGPL21
LICENSE_FILE=	${WRKSRC}/LGPL

LIB_DEPENDS=	libvorbisfile.so:audio/libvorbis \
		libltdl.so:devel/libltdl

USES=		gmake libtool pathfix pkgconfig tar:xz
USE_GNOME=	gnomeprefix
USE_LDCONFIG=	yes
GNU_CONFIGURE=	yes
CONFIGURE_ARGS=	--disable-lynx --disable-tdb --disable-alsa --disable-gtk3 --disable-gtk2
CPPFLAGS+=	-I${LOCALBASE}/include
LDFLAGS+=	-L${LOCALBASE}/lib
INSTALL_TARGET=	install-strip

OPTIONS_DEFINE=	PULSEAUDIO GSTREAMER

PLIST_SUB=	VERSION=${PORTVERSION}

.include <bsd.port.options.mk>

.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MPULSEAUDIO}
LIB_DEPENDS+=	libpulse.so:audio/pulseaudio
PLIST_SUB+=	PULSE=""
.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--disable-pulse
PLIST_SUB+=	PULSE="@comment "