Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 17:59:01 -0800
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcp wrappers

On Sun, Jan 24, 1999 at 05:57:07PM -0800, John Polstra wrote:

> That might help, except for a little cultural problem we have.  Every
> time a checksum for some port comes up bad, somebody blindly commits
> the new checksum with a message that says "Checksum changed on master
> site." :-)

Granted, and also there's the problem that lots of people are more
than willing to shoot themselves by ignoring the MD5 without really
investigating.  The good news is that in this particular case, it
doesn't look like files/md5 was updated to that of the trojan.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com> * Inertia is a property of matter.
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/pgp.key for PGP public key 0x67203349.