Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2013 13:30:45 +0200
From:      Jos Chrispijn <kernel@webrz.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RSync exclusion

I have a local folder called /files/
In my daily backup event I create as per day a backkup folder that
contains this /files folder including all its sub folders

--- cut ---

rsync -avrz -e ssh /files/ backupr@x.x.x.x:/vol1/FreeBSD/$DATE/

In this /files folder, amongst others, I have another folder called
photos: /files/photos

What I now would like to do is sync the /files folder with an exclusion
on the /files/photos folder
Reason for that is that this /photos subfolder contains 12 gb on photos,
which I don't want to have in a daily archive (takes too much disk space
on a monthly basis).
I will syn them on a daily basis to a fixed remote folder (where only
the updates will be appended).

Can someone tell me how I can do that on one command line?

thanks in advance,
Jos Chrispijn