Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 1996 13:31:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jwilliam@clandjop.com (Raun Willians)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

[ ... re: FreeBSD ... ]

> "Can you run DOS stuff on it?"

Yes.  Use the PCEMU package in "ports".

> The main program I'm interested in runnig is DOOM & DOOM2 and all
> of the other id games.

Load the Linux emulation package from "ports" and run the Linux
version.  The "wads" are interchangable between Linux and DOS.

> Do i need the Linux or Unix port of these games?

Typically, yes.

> What about my other applications.

DOS command line programs will run fine in PCEMU.

Windows programs will run under the interpreted version of TWIN.  The
native version is currently being worked on.

DOS graphics programs won't run.  Boot to DOS to run them.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.