Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 01:16:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@FreeBSD.org>
To:        smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Where to initialize certain locks...

I've been looking at some global values that are not associated with any
one subsystem, but need a lock at some point in order to guarantee correct
bheavior -- specifically, at the moment, the securelevel value.  I do not
right away see a clean place for the related lock to be initialized... Am
I missing some SYSINIT() (or SYSINIT()s) that are meant for helping to
initialize locks in this type of situation while still
protecting/promoting correct order (to ensure we init prior to a lock
attempt)?  Or is that not a good path to go down?

Cheers,
Andrew

--
Andrew R. Reiter