Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 14:32:23 +0200
From:      "Andrew J. Brehm" <andrew@netneurotic.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GIF

I understand you have no connection to the Free Software Foundation, and
I also understand that the question whether to use GIF files or not is
more of a political question than a technical one.

But since FreeBSD is, as the name implies, free, and since software
patents threaten the development of FreeBSD as much as that of GNU,
wouldn't it be better not to support GIF and use PNG or JPEG instead?

I was going to download some FreeBSD logos, but I could only find these