Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:56:23 +1000
From:      "Andrew Reilly" <areilly@nsw.bigpond.net.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Graham Wheeler <gram@cequrux.com>, kazu@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: psmintr: out of sync (0080 != 0000). ARGH!

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 10:25:24AM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> I suspect the problem is something far more mysterious in the
> interaction between another driver (like syscons?) and the psm driver,
> or perhaps it has nothing to do with either and it's a seemingly
> unrelated change in an entirely different section of the kernel.

Have you tried running for a while _without_ moused?  I think
that the "conflict between drivers" theory sounds pretty
plausible.

I've been running -STABLE with an IBM trackpoint keyboard
(built-in PS/2 mouse joystick thing) for "ever", and I've never
seen said psmintr out of sync message.  I don't run moused, but
I do run X (now XFree86-4.0 built from source in ports) almost
all the time.

--
Andrew