Date:      Sun, 04 Apr 1999 08:59:23 -0600
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>, Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Advocacy

Bill Fumerola wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, Donald Wilde wrote:
>
> > The key issue there (I think) is that some of the foundation packages
> > are ports, not packages. I know it's a royal pain; I've been bitten many
> > times.
>
> If they are a port and not a package there is a 99% chance that we (the
> ports people) cannot legally or technically make it a package. No other
> reason, and it can't be 'fixed'.

Yes, I know, Bill. I'm not implying in any way that you _can_ fix this
in the simplest way. The only way I can see is to actually drive "make"
from the /stand/sysinstall, including the CD change blurb, and I'm not
sure that's a good idea at all.
--
Don Wilde                 "Bringing the Internet to everyone!"
Wilde Media